Become a Member
WELCOME to the Central Indiana SOLIDWORKS Users Group website. We are based out of Indianapolis, Indiana and our members are from all around the State. We will be hosting our meetings every other month. So mark your calendars now:
Click here for Past meetings summaries.
Date: Thursday September 22nd.
Engineering Innovation, Inc.
3601 Sagamore Parkway North,
Lafayette, Indiana 47904
- General Meeting and somthing about SOLIDWORKS 2017- Peter Fischer
- 1st Technical Presentation. Brandon Nelmes- 3D Vision.
"Comparing PhotoView 360with the new SOLIDWORKS VisualizeStandard."
- Dinner (Sponsored by SWUGN)
- 2nd Technical Presentation -Phil Whitaker- CATI.
"Tips and Tricks in Setting up Toolbox so it works for everybody"
- Door Prizes.
- Group Photo-shoot
- Engineering Innovation Plant tour- Jason Hoag, Sr Mechanical Engineer
Upcoming Meeting Schedule
Past SOLIDWORKS User Group Events
Past Events Index (some have links to presentations):
- Warner Bodies. Tom Cote " Global Variables, Equations & Linked Dim's"", "Understanding File Management and File Ref’s "
- Ivy Tech Community College, Bob Haff "Tips and Tricks". Ryan Cole "Large Assembleis"
- Teppanyki Grill. David Roccaforte, Fischer Unitech "Simulation". Suchit Jain, DS SOLIDWORKS.
- Guerin Catholis High School. Student Projects and "DimExpert" by Ryan Cole of DASI
- Teppanyki Grill. Gemma Walsh, DriveWorks UK, and Phil Whitaker, CATI "SW2016 Rollout"
- SMC. CISUG 10 Year Anniversary, "Tips and Tricks" amd "Weldment Certicfication". Sept 15th
- The Hendey Group. Improving Assembly & Drawing Performance, and Modeling Tips and Tricks".
- Teppanyaki Grill. WorkWise ERP integration, "Duck Tape & Bailing Wire". May 21st.
- Global Plastics. Indiana. 3Ci GeometryWorks3D, and "Plastic SImulation". March 18th
- Bastian Automation Engineering. Greenfield. SolidPartners and "What new in SW2015". January 2015.
- IMMI and CAPE. Westfield. Crash test (see video),SOLIDWORKS Electrical & Certification. Oct 2014.
- SMC Noblesville. SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conseptual and Sheet Metal Certification . Aug 2014
- Dorel Columbus.CETOL 6σ Tolerance Analysis and "Multi Body Parts”. June 2014
- Capital Industries/ Selco. 3D Printing and Model Based Definitions. April 2014
- Chesterfield Tool & Engineering Daleville. Feb 2014
- HURCO. Nov 2013
- MJ Insurance. Sept 2013
- Bastion Automation
Engineering Greenfield. July 2013
- ZIPP Speed Weaponry. May 20013
- Wabash National, Lafayette . March 2013
- Capital Industries, Shelbyville. Jan 2013
- SMC Noblesville, Bertand Sicot, Richard Doyle and Elton Smith. Aug 2012
- LouisvilleSUG. Mark Biasotti . May 2012
- Chris Snider. April 2012
- ZIPP Speed Weaponry. Feb 2012
- BlueArc Engineering Shelbyville. Sheet Metal Certification. Dec 2011
- July 18th, Warner Bodies, Elwood
Tom Cote, Applied CAD Solutions:
. "Global Variables, Equations & Linked Dim's"", "Understanding File Management and File Ref’s "
- May 18th. Ivy Tech Community College.
Bob Haff. Offsite Design. "Tips and Tricks"
Ryan Cole, DASI Solutions. "Large Assembleis"
- March 22nd. Teppanyki Grill.
David Roccaforte, Fischer Unitech "Simulation"
Suchit Jain, DS SOLIDWORKS. "XDesign"
- January 21st 2016. Guerin Catholic High School
Student project presentationa and interactive lab work (5 projects)
Ryan Cole, DASI Solutions. "DimExpert"
- November 18th 2015. Teppanyaki Grill
Gemma Walsh, DriveWorks UK. "All you need to know about DriveWorks"
Phill Whitaker, CATI "SW2016 Rollout"
- Sept 15th 2015. SMC Corporation of America
10 Year Aniversary Award
Richard Doyle, DS SOLIDWORKS- "Tips and Tricks" See PPP
Avelino Rochine. DS SOLIDWORKS- "Weldment Certification" See PPP
July 14th. 2015. The Hendey Group
Jeff Niedermann, DS SOLIDWORKS. Improving Assembly & Drawing Performance,
Sal Lama, DS SOLIDWORKS. Modeling Tips and Tricks".
- May 21st 2015. Teppanyaki Grill.
Roger Miller and Tiffany Kirkland "WorkWIse ERP".
Josh Altergott, CATI, "Duck Tape & Bailing Wire"
- March 18th. Global Plastics
Doug Dlofinger, 3Ci GeometryWorks3D (SOLIDWORKS Gold Partner)
Rajat Trehan, CATI. "Plastics Simulation"
- January 22nd 2015. Bastian Automation Engineering.
David Ondyak, SolidPartners ( A SOLIDWORKS GOLD Partner) "SolidParts" .
Matt Herald, Fisher Unitceh, "What's New in 2015"
- October 23rd. IMMI and CAPE Testing.
Presentations by: Cheril Guntzviller "SOLIDWORKS Electrical"
and Phil Whitaker "SOLIDWORKS Certification"
Watch Crash Test Video
- August 22nd. SMC Corporation USA
Phil Whitaker, CATI- SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conseptual. and
Avelino Rochino, DS SOLIDWORKS, Sheet Metal Certification Power Point.
- June 26th. Dorel Child Safety Seat Technical Center, Columbus.
GoToMeeting presentation by Jonathan Pietkiewicz.Sigmetrics, CETOL 6σ Tolerance Analysis
Technical Presentation: Chris Snider, 3D Vision.
The magic of "Multi Body Parts”
- April 16th. 2014. Capital Industriec/ Selco, Indianapolis}
Power Point Presentatio Linkes: 3D-Printing and Model Based Definitions by
- February 20th 2014. Chesterfield Tool & Engineering, Daleville IN
Visit SOLIDWORKS World - Downloads, Presentations (2011-12-13), and Networking
- November 20th 2013- HURCO
- September 19th. 2013.- MJ Insurance
- July 17th 2013
- May 16th 2013
ZIPP Speed Weaponry, Indianapolis.
- March 20tn. 2013
Wabash National, Lafayette
- January 16th 2013
Capital Industries, Shelbyville
- August 28th. at SMC
Bertand Sicot, Richard Doyle and Elton Smith --
Lots and lots of picture and video to be posted shortly, so keep returning to this page.
- April 19th Meeting.
Chris Snider, 3D Vision Presentation.
See videos on Top Down Design
This is our first attempt, so bear with the lack of quality.
The purpose of the Central Indiana SOLIDWORKS User Group is to promote the free exchange of information related to the use of SolidWorks among the membership of the user group. It provides a forum in which the membership could assist each other in furthering their knowledge about and advancing their abilities in the use of SolidWorks.